As we all love summertime, it's safe to say you’ve been counting down the weeks, days, and hours until the first day of fall. Before long, you'll be Googling "fall activities near me" and looking for the best fall things to do now in your area. To help you get started, we've rounded up a fall bucket list of items that you'll want to prioritize this time of year.
- Decorate Your Porch with Fall Flair: Let your neighbors know how excited you are for the season with a front porch curb appeal using all the festive fall decor—pumpkins, mums, a pretty fall wreath, and vintage finds. It will make the perfect backdrop for your family’s Instagram photos.
- Host a Potluck: Invite friends to bring their favorite fall dishes for a casual get-together to celebrate any ol' occasion—or for no reason at all!
- Take Family Movie Night Outside: Put those extra blankets stuffed in your linen closet to good use. Hang a large white bed sheet from your fence to re-create a big screen. Make a palette on the ground with all the extra fluff, and settle in under the stars as you and your family watch these classic kids’ movies.
- Plan a Backyard Dinner: Dine al fresco with your family when the crisp, fall air ushers in. Cover each chair with a plaid blanket to wrap up in after the sun sets, then set the mood with cozy candles and a hearty feast. Good for you if you have a red-barn backdrop!
- Bake an Autumnal Treat: Use fresh finds from your local farmer's market to make apple-flavored cakes, pecan pies, and more. Talk about an impressive centerpiece for Thanksgiving!